Kindly find the the curriculum required for each subject from here:
Click on the subject you want to read about from the menu on your right side.
Welcome to Harvest American School where leaders are developed. We are honoured that you chose our school for your child’s education. The staff and I welcome you to our school ! Our main priority in HIS is to provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment for our students to help them succeed. We believe that parents and staff are an integral part of a well rounded education.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions , comments or concerns you may have through email to have a prior appointment.
We look forward to meeting you and ensuring that every student aims high and succeeds in achieving the right goal.
Dr. Zeinab El Shazly
American School Headmistress
The aim of the English language according to the core standards is to create literate, thoughtful communicators. Students will refine specific skills and strategies in reading, writing, speaking, listening and will use these skills and strategies widely as tools for learning and reflection. Exploring a variety of texts, students will understand and appreciate language and literature as catalysts for deep thought and emotion.
The English curriculum from Gr6 up to Gr12 mainly aims at bringing up students who are able to demonstrate independence as they can comprehend and evaluate complex texts across a range of types and disciplines and construct effective arguments and convey intricate information. They build strong content knowledge, become proficient in new areas through research and study. They use technology and digital media strategically and capably. They come to understand other perspectives and cultures.
Students will be able to:
* Gives and follows simple instructions in the target language (e.g., in games, with partners or groups, giving commands suggested by a picture).
* Uses vocabulary for a wide range of topics (e.g., basic subject area terms, such as story elements, animals, weather, geographical concepts; categories such as numbers, size).
* Asks and answers questions in the target language (e.g., clarifies word meaning, asks for assistance, answers questions about self or family) .
* Writes in the target language for a variety of audiences (e.g., pen-pals, peers, friends, adults, native speakers of the target language) on different topics (e.g., current events of mutual interest).
The students will begin to learn how to:
* Add and subtract the numbers, using pictures to write the addition and subtraction sentences.
* Solve word problems.
Students are given much focus on learning:
* The basic operations in math ( addition , subtraction , multiplication and division) for small and large whole numbers.
* An introduction of adding and subtracting fractions.
* Ways of applying these skills in their real lives.
From Grade (7)
Students will study:
Algebra1 & Geometry
Students in 9th grade will study:
Algebra 2 & Geometry
About that Pi
The general goals of our Science curriculum are to give students an understanding of nature and methods of science and to develop conceptual and practical skills in the context of student involvement in scientific activity. Students will develop their abilities to analyze scientific information critically, apply knowledge and skills in order to generate new knowledge and communicate scientific ideas and their awareness of the impact of science on society which means that the science curriculum helps prepare them for life in the age of 21st century technology.
نتبع منهج اللغة العربية لوزارة التربية و التعليم و نهتم ب:
* تنوع النشاطات التي تعزز مبدأ التعلم الذاتي وتجعل من المتعلم باحثا ومبادرا ومكتشفا .
* مراعاة النشاطات التعليمية .
* التركيز على مهارات اللغة : الاستماع ، التحدث ، القراءة ، الكتابة ، التصوير.